Developed by Professor Matthew R. Sanders and colleagues from the School of Psychology at the University of Queensland, Triple P, is a systematic, research based approach to enhancing parenting skills as well as the parent/child bond. As a Triple P Practitioner, I will deliver this program in approximately 10-12 sessions, and it is meant for children ranging in age from 2 to 12 years old.
How do you know if Triple P is for you? Keep in mind that we have all experienced the following at various times with our children, but if any of these is more common than not, then you may benefit from the Triple P program:
- Your child does not follow your directions.
- You find yourself avoiding taking your child shopping or to restaurants because of his/her behavior in public.
- Despite your efforts, none of the consequences you give to your child seem to change his/her behavior.
- Your child talks back to you.
- Your child whines, tantrums, or becomes physical if he/she does not get his/her way.
The cost of the Triple P Program (including all sessions and all preparatory work) are offered for one flat fee, regardless of how many sessions it takes to complete the program. (You can expect about 10-12 sessions). This fee is offered on a sliding scale.